Announcing the Beta Release of the SharePoint Capacity Planning ToolCapacity Planning
After several months of work and very little sleep in between we are pleased to announce general availability of the SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool (Beta).
The SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool (Beta) provides a wealth of helpful information when planning a SharePoint Products and Technologies deployment; helping administrators, consultants, and IT Pros determine the potential required hardware investment(s) and topologies to support and meet requirements for availability and performance or even the affect of introducing additonal offices with their own unique bandwidth and latency constraints.
Using the SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool (Beta) you can build topology models, run simulations, and generate reports that will help you evaluate and identify alternative solutions considering profile-based usage variations, content size and scope, networking technology, and availability requirements.
The SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool (Beta) provides both Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 models allowing you to explore the unique characteristics of each platform and more effectively and efficiently plan topologies based on their respective infrastructure requirements.
To being using the SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool (Beta) or to learn more visit: https://connect.microsoft.com/programdetails.aspx?ProgramDetailsID=1602
I look forward to hearing your feedback and hope you find this tool invaluable in planning your SharePoint Products and Technologies deployment(s).
| Bill Baer |
More like this...
- Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 Disaster Recovery Notes with SharePoint Products and Technolgies
- Database Mirroring, Notes and Considerations
- Planning a 100,000+ My Site personal site deployment? Notes...
- High-Availability and Disaster Recovery with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database Mirroring and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Log Shipping for Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies
- SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool