I was browsing for SharePoint add-ons and integration features this evening and came across this one from Dark Blue Duck; Scanning Enabler. The reason I decided to post on this particular add-on is that I could see the immediate value from the capacity to take desktop scanning to SharePoint Products and Technologies, seamlessly and transparently. The product specifications include key features, to include, integration will Doc and PicLibs, enabled at the Web Application level providing the functionality to all Site Collections and workspaces, supports custom metadata capture and workflow, and supports localization. The Scanning Enabler is available for SharePoint Portal Server 2003, Windows SharePoint Services 2.0, and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
The Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Management Packs for Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 have been released and are available for download from Microsoft in 8 localizations, including English, French, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish. The Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Management Packs for Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 help to provide assistance resonding to critical events generated by Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and common configuration problems related to SSP provisioning problems, Site Directory scan job failures, Search and service failures such as Office Document Conversions Launcher and Office Document Conversions Load Balancer services. Among other scenarios that the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Management Packs for Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 provide insight into are poor cache performance, out of memory exceptions, denial of service scenarios, and other critical issues related to the performance and availability of your deployments.
Download, System Requirements, and Instructions:
What happens when manually adding a user to a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Site Collection, who previously did not have a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 profile?
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 userinfo and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 profile are not hard-linked; what this means is when a new user is created in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 it does not get created in the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 profile store; the opposite of this is true as well – Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 -> Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
What information about users is stored?
Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 stores the information about the user local to the site collection in the userinfo and user lists; this is site collection specific and as a result when creating another top-level Site Collection it is required to add the information about the individual again. Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 will make an attempt to get as much information about the individual from the directory when you add them to the Site Collection, including the inviduals’ name, username, SIP address, email address, title, etc.
How are name changes managed?
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 has more information about users than Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. This information is regularly updated through the import job – Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 has a synchronization job (profsynch) that enumerates every user record in every Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Site Collection and will make any updates as discovered. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 leverages the profile store to manage changed values in the profile store, to include directory, Business Database Catalog or user applied changes such as personal site photographs, etc; the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 process will update every Site Collection where this individual is referenced.
Release versions of the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SharePoint Software Development Kits are available from the Microsoft Download Center!
Download the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and ECM Starter Kit for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Enterprise Content Management development; this download is intended for MOSS developers, if you are interested in developing on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, keep reading…
- SharePoint Server 2007 SDK Documentation
- Office Forms Server 2007 SDK Documentation
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SDK Documentation
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server SDK Code Samples
- Business Data Catalog (BDC) Metadata Samples
- Pluggable Single Sign-on (SSO) Provider
- Sample Web Services
- Web Part Filters and Consumers
- Enterprise Content Management Starter Kit
- Enterprise Content Management Feature Extension Code Samples
- Content Processing: Document Converters (Comment Scrub Converter) and Term Replacement Document Inspector
- Records Management: De-duplication Router, Document Integrity Policy Feature, Records Repository Submit, Sample Barcode Provider, and Search Collect and Hold
- Developer Whitepapers:
- Digital Signatures in the 2007 Microsoft Office System: A Developer’s Guide
- Encryption and Rights Management in the 2007 Microsoft Office System: A Developers Guide
- Importing Custom Actions into Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- Workflow Security in Windows SharePoint Services and Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Introduction to Information Rights Management White Papers
- Configuring Information Rights Management in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Information Rights Management in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: An Overview
- Pluggable Rights Management in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Visual Studio Workflow Templates for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Approval Workflow Sample
- ASPX Collect Feedback Sample
- Confidential Approval Sample
- Custom Reports
- Enterprise Content Management Activities
- Group Approval
- Hello World Sequential
- InterSystem Workflow
- List Item Activities
- Modification Sample
- Multistage Workflow
- Replicator Contact Selector Sample
- Signatures Workflow Sample
- State Machine Approval Workflow
Download the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Workflow Starter Kit for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Workflow development.
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SDK Documentation
- Workflow Starter Kit
- Visual Studio Workflow Templates
- ASPX Collect Feedback
For information on the Office Forms Server 2007 Software Development Kit visit http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms772301.
I just learned I’ll be co-presenting with Joel Oleson at TechReady4 in the IW306 SharePoint Products and Technologies 2007: Administrative Architecture and Planning for Deployment – Part 1 (breakout session), scheduled for February 7, 2007 13:30 – 14:45. If your planning on being in the Seattle area attending this years’ TechReady – this will be an invaluable architecture and planning session!
This session describes the new Deployment and Administration Architecture for Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) version 3 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. Learn about Logical and Physical design architectures, planning and deployment considerations, as well as Inter-Farm and Intra-Farm Shared Services Capabilities. Also, understand the Administration Components and Administration Security considerations throughout the platform.